SITTING ROOM WINTER 2015 TOUR
This February we’re hitting the road to do a mini house show tour and want to play at your house! We’re looking for hosts between February 2nd-13th, from North Carolina to New York (and surrounding states) that would open their homes for an hour of music. Sound like something you wanna do? Read on!
If you’re interested, here’s what we’d need from you:
- An indoor place to play. It could be a house, loft, apartment, studio, gallery or other private space that can safely and comfortably host 30-60 guests. It should be a place with a big living room, finished basement or large interior space that would be suitable for this event. Ideally, this place would have a way to dim the lights, or better yet, no obtrusive overhead lights at all and just a few cool floor/table lamps around the room. Whatever the space is, it will be crucial in setting the mood of the evening.
- Plenty of parking for all guests in attendance. This could be street parking, a parking garage, or an offsite location where guests can park and easily walk, or take public transportation to the show. Also, your neighbors need to be okay with any additional vehicles being parked around your house.
- A realistic number of how many people your place can hold. We’ll also need an honest assessment of roughly how many people you know that would want to attend as well? Much of the determining factor on where we play will depend on how many tickets we can sell. As you may or may not know, we’re a totally independent band and as so we have to fund this whole thing ourselves. It just wouldn’t make fiscal sense to travel 10 hours to play a show for 5 people, know what I mean?
A few things to consider:
- Tickets can be purchased on our website so we are able to account for how many have been sold. After being purchased, the tickets can be downloaded and printed.
- These shows can’t be done outside. We most likely will be performing for you with no microphones or sound system; it’ll just be us, you, your friends, and a super intimate evening of music.
- You should be cool with other guests in your area, that you may not know, coming to your place as well (unless you can sell out the whole show with just your friends and family).
- We ask guests to arrive between 7:00 - 7:45pm. The show will start at 8:00pm and will run around 50 minutes to an hour. We also will ask that everyone be out of your place by 10:00pm.
- Seating isn’t an issue. If you’ve got some chairs that’s fine, however floor seating works fine as well.
- We will be promoting these shows on Facebook, twitter and our website. However, word-of-mouth is by far the best tool in getting people out. We would rely heavily on you for this.
- Last but not least, throw everything we’ve already said out. We can also tailor this whole thing to you. If instead of charging by the ticket, you’d like to pay one flat show fee, invite whoever for free and go bonkers, we can oblige you. We can hash out the details for that when you get in contact.
What you get:
- An hour of song, stories, laughs or tears (depending on how the night goes) and our infinite gratitude. Also, a free ticket for you and your sweetheart.
- We’d like these shows to be events. We’d like for it to feel like everyone is out for a fun evening with friends. Wine, beer, finger food, and pretty much whatever else you want to build this evening around works fine with us, as long as the music is the center of the evening.
If you’re interested please email us here:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos of the space you’d like to book us in
- How many people can comfortably and safely fit in your space
- Also, please include the number of guests you could get out on your own
Please write “Beta Radio House Show” and the name of your city and state in the subject line. If we’re able to confirm a show we will get in contact and send you a contract to sign ASAP.
Thanks! We’re looking forward to hanging out!